DISCOVER DUCTLESS HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING
No ductwork? No problem!
Ductless heat pumps are easy to install, avoiding bulky ductwork in your home they will be able to provide energy efficient heat in the winter and cooling in the summer. They can also have a big impact on your comfort, while helping you save money.
- Because heat pumps transfer heat instead of generate heat, ductless mini-split heat pumps use 60% less energy than standard homes with conventional electric based heating systems.
- Cut cooling costs by up to 30% compared to conventional room air conditioners – these heat pumps use advanced technology that can adjust speeds to save energy.
- Different climates in each room – each indoor unit can provide custom heating and cooling – adjustable through wall consoles, remote controls and smart phone apps
- No bulky ductwork. Inside units attached to your wall connect to an outside unit using small refrigerant lines (see figure below)
Consider upgrading to ductless mini-split heat pumps in these situations:
- In homes with costly electric heat and cooling (e.g. baseboard or electric radiant)
- Older homes with no ductwork
- Homes with expensive central heating due to high fuel costs
- Install in rooms that are not regularly occupied
- Additions or outbuildings where extending ductwork is not available (e.g. shed, barn, garage or loft areas)
Do these systems work with Canadian Climates?
Some people wonder whether heat pumps work in colder climates and have only ever seen these systems in warm climates while on vacation.
Answer: Yes! There are Ductless systems specifically designed for “Cold Climates”, and are very different from those sold generally online.