Air Conditioning Systems
A new air conditioner is a major expense, and shopping for one should not be taken lightly. Here are some things to consider, things to look for in an air conditioner, and reasons why prices vary from system to system.
SEER Rating (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
A SEER rating is another component you should look for in your shopping experience. Think of SEER rating like you think of km per liter on your car. The higher the km per liter means you spend less money on fuel. In the same way, a high SEER rating correlates with a more energy-efficient unit. It’s calculated by measuring the total BTU’s of heat rejected per hour and dividing it by the watts of electricity used to reject that heat.
When looking at a unit, take a look at the type of compressor that fits your needs.
- Single-Stage – A single-stage compressor cools the home while running at full blast. Because this compressor knows only one speed, it turns on and off more frequently and always runs at peak capacity and energy usage. As a result, this type of compressor is not as energy efficient as the other compressors.
- Two-Stage – A two-stage compressor has two stages: medium and high. The high stage is for those hot and muggy days, while medium is for those milder days or overnight. The two-stage air conditioning compressor runs on a lower setting until the outdoor temperature gets too hot. The compressor can often run most of the year in the medium setting, it uses less energy and reduces your electric bills. It’s also more comfortable for you; by running longer at the medium compressor speed, the unit does a better job of removing humidity from the indoor air, making the space more comfortable and often allow you to raise the temperature on the thermostat a degree or two and still feel cool.
Up to 16-SEER Air Conditioner
One of our efficient HVAC offerings. High-efficiency equipment can help you reduce utility bill spending.
Includes features that help lessen noise associated with operation.
Includes eco-friendly, durable Micro-Channel coil technology.
The up to 16-SEER air conditioner offers more than just premium home comfort. Its two-stage cooling operation provides more consistent temperatures and increases dehumidification capabilities. When an air conditioner operates in multiple stages, it is able to switch between low and high capacity operation – exactly meeting the cooling needs of your home without consuming unnecessary energy operating in high capacity, exclusively. This money-saving operation results in up to 16-SEER performance – qualifying for an ENERGY STAR high efficiency designation.
- Exceptional 10-year all-parts warranty
- Long-lasting peace of mind with 10-year Comfort Quality Pledge to replace the entire unit if the compressor fails
- Product registration required